Thursday, November 10, 2016

Mojo Monday 473 Christmas Joy

I've been absent too long creating for our community's craft fair, then recuperating afterwards! This was the 25th craft fair and so many craft-loving people came! Now I'm having to make Christmas cards like crazy because we had to fill our card rack four times. The second day I had to take cards I'd planned on keeping because we sold so many this year. This is the first year I wondered what to do at the end of the first day when our tables and racks looked half-empty. I'd prayed that God would bless the sales because the proceeds were going to Him and an area charity. Sales were beyond my imagination. I may show photos of our booth later.

Here is this week's Mojo Monday card using CTMH City Sidewalks paper. I usually find it more difficult to know how to use paper with a scene, but the square in this sketch gave me a chance to use it. The holly was cut using Cricut City Sidewalks. The "slit" was filled with green glitter glue and the berries were coated with a little Liquid Glass. I love using the Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder that CTMH sells!


I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Bitten By the Bug2 - Nature/Christmas - my holly from Cricut City Sidewalks.
Mojo Monday #473 - sketch

To make Christmas cards more quickly I've made several from each pack of paper using simple designs, duplicated stamped parts like the "JOY" on the first card assembly-line fashion, and printed multiple inside sentiments I keep on my computer or stamped the same sentiment inside multiple times.

 Here's another one using the same gold-embossed sentiment and some older CTMH White Pines paper begging to be used up!

Here's another using the same White Pines background with some strips of Frosted and a snowflake cut using Cricut Flower Market: I'm sharing it with Heart to Heart Challenge - Christmas but no Red or Green. How about blue, white and chocolate?

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever use up the Christmas paper packs I've hoarded over the years!  May God bless you as you craft and bless others with your own cards!


7 comments:

Laurie Levorson said...

Cute card with the City Sidewalks paper and holly cut. Love how you embossed that Joy stamp. The other cards are pretty awesome too! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2!

Lori said...

Great designs! Love how you used the patterned paper with the scene here. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Caroline said...

You made some beautiful cards. I enjoy using the Mojo Monday sketches, too. The papers are so pretty and go so well together. God can make amazing things happen and He certainly blessed you. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

moknowsall said...

Well, I would use more of my xmas papers if I could find them. Each year I just go buy more. Wonderful cards, no wonder they went so fast, the are spectacular. Thanks for joining and sharing in our BBTB2 challenge this week.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a beautiful set of cards, Vickie!!! The first one is my absolute favorite, great choice of paper and lovely layout. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2!

Anonymous said...

Those cards are GREAT!!!! Thank you for playing at H2H Blog! ~ DT Jen

Melissa Robinson said...

BEAUTIFUL cards! Thanks for participating in this Heart 2 Heart challenge!