Saturday, October 1, 2016

October SOTM Blog Hop - Yuletide Joy


Welcome to our blog hop featuring Close To My Heart's October Stamp of the Month! You may have just come from Corinna Murphy's blog. If so, you're on the right path. For a complete list of participants, visit Melinda Everitt's blog list.
This stamp set is perfect for the Christmas cards and tags I'm making. I chose to use the star image for my first SOTM post:


I cut the stars at the suggested side for the bottom stamped star and stamped it again on a smaller star. I cut out a larger version for the gold glitter paper star and the negative space in the main panel and its kraft mat.  Here you can see the way I used thin dimensional foam tape on the mat layer and regular dimensional foam tape to pop up both stars.


I also made two tags using the gold embossed stars and wreath-type cuts from Cricut Flower Market. I cut the square wreath from Fern cardstock, but after gluing it in place, I regretted not usisng New England Ivy cardstock, so I colored it with the ShinHan Sap Green marker.



You can use my cut file which sized all the pieces for the 6.5" x 5" card and 5" x 2.5" tags if you're interested. (These cuts require the Art Philosophy and Flower Market cartridges.)

Now you are ready to enjoy  Nancy Womersley's blog.

Card and Tag supplies (all CTMH):
Paper - Oh, Deer paper pack; White Daisy, Colonial White, Fern, Kraft cardstock, Gold Glitter paper
Ink - Versamark, New England Ivy, Desert Sand, Sea Glass,
Stamp - Yuletide Joy
Tools, Cricut Art Philosophy, Cricut Flower Market, Shin Han Sap Green marker, Gold embossing powder, craft heater, sponge daubers
Embellishments - Uptown Ribbon pack (gold), Rustic Home Ribbon pack (crocheted), Fern Thick Twine, gold sequins


16 comments:

123 flames said...

Love how you did the stars on your card and the tags are beautiful!

Brenda Lapp said...

I love the layers on your card. Gorgeous. Your tags are fantastic too.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work!

Lela said...

I really like all 3. The layers on the card are awesome, I'm going to have to CASE that idea, I really like that. The tags are adorable too

Tracie said...

Love them all!

Donna said...

Beautiful projects! Love how you layered the stars on the card.

jenr said...

Love how you used the stars and the negative space. Thanks for sharing!

Linda Pekrul said...

Such a beautiful card and tags! Absolutely love!! Thanks so much for sharing your file!

Michelle Stewart said...

Beautiful card, love how you created the multiple layers.

Melinda Everitt said...

Your card is incredible! Love the stars.

Unknown said...

Love your card

Lauren said...

Oh wow, that card is stunning!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

WOW, love them!!!

Cat Nowak said...

Love them all!! So beautiful!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Each of your pieces of artwork are beautiful! TFS! :)

Michelle Jones said...

Gorgeous! I'll be pinning and copying ALL of them!