Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Mojo Monday #448 - Graduation Card

More than seven years ago I met a 5th grade girl in one of my scrapbook clubs. She was helping her great-grandmother, who had Parkinson's disease, put together a couple of layouts. She was patient, kind, and efficient. She eventually became a regular attendant at our monthly scrapbook club. Ladies were always amazed that she finished her layouts so quickly without any problems.


She just graduated from high school this week, so I made a card for her with her school colors. Inside I wrote a heartfelt message that is my prayer for her. She's about to leave our rural Missouri area for college in the New York City metropolis. I pray that she will always turn her plans over to God for His direction and seek His leadership in her decision-making, His comfort in distress, His help in difficulty.


I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch with square shapes from Cricut "Paper Lace" and a graduation cap from Cricut "A Child's Year" cut at 1.5" and matted on a 2" scalloped circle.





To match the Cricut cut-out, I embossed the white panel with Cuttlebug's Concentric Circles which fits 5" x 7" cardstock.  The diploma is just thin cardstock rolled with my Quilling Tool and tied with old Sunflower waxy flax. The gold glitter paper is part of the Cricut shape cut from Paper Lace. I liked the way the sketch offset the two rectangles at an angle.  I finished the card with black sequins.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons #126 - add some embossing
QKR Stampede #191 - Graduation Cards
Sisterhood of Crafters - No Designer paper
Word Art Wednesday #230-231 - family friendly/anything goes




6 comments:

Repolainen said...

Fantastic layout! Thanks for sharing with us at QKR Stampede this week, Pirjo DT

Darlene said...

What an awesome Grad card Vic!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

crafty said...

Lovely graduation card.
Thank you for joining us this time at Crafting From the Heart and hope to see you again.
Mary

NanaConnie said...

I love, love, LOVE this card, Vickie! Fabulous sentiment die cut and I love how you made the diploma. Darling grad hat. I'm so excited to see you playing along in our "Graduation" challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck in the challenge and thanks for using a QKR image. :-D
NanaConnie DT

karalschuknecht said...

Wow, this is a wonderful card. So creative. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Jeannie said...

Hi Vickie! What an awesome graduation card with some great die cuts and I know that she will treasure it and your message for a long time to come.

My blog challenge this week is Dance with Fairies if you've got some time to join, otherwise as a heads up for next week the challenge will be Tooty Fruity. Hope to see you soon :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys