Sunday, March 13, 2016

Mojo Monday 438 Brighter Days Card

Yesterday I did a workshop with a friend who had surgery a few weeks ago. Although she's off work and doing physical surgery, she's so tired you can see the exhaustion in her face. She didn't realize surgery would take such a toll on her energy level. The doctor said it would take a year to get her strength back. I made this card today so I could write an encouraging message to her.  I used the Mojo Monday sketch from this week:




I raided a couple of bags of scraps I had at my desk, (thanks to HIMCR) so I'm not sure where all the papers came from although the background seems to be Basic Grey.  The flowers and circle were in my scrap bag left over from a November project. The sentiment is from a Verve set called Brighter Days. The butterfly is from Close To My Heart, colored with Shin Han Twin Touch markers. The colors were too bright at first until I distressed them with gray and brown. The Colonial white circle was distressed with a stippling brush and Flaxen and Glacier inks, but they don't show up in the photo.
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafting with Friends #16 - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges #327 - circle or pie
Creative Knockouts #132 - die cuts/punches
Let's Color Saturday Linky Party #5 - anything with colored image
Word Art Wednesday #221 - anything uplifting





5 comments:

Wendy L said...

Fab card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful and Springy happiness! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Amy-DT

Laura ElleBi said...

What a lovely card!
Thank you for joining Crafty Friends

Ellibelle said...

A very nice design, loving the colors and details!
Thanks so much for sharing!!
xEllie/ Let's Color and Critters and Creatures Linky Party

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great card!! It is so pretty!! Thanks for entering at HIMCR!!
Angela