Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Christmas Card

We've had the most beautiful Indian summer here in Missouri. Most of our days have been unseasonably warm and sunny, but a chill is in the air now as we get ready for November. I'm never ready to let go of the warmth and beauty of early fall, but "to everything there is a season." The way it looks right now in my craft area, with lots of Christmas cards and tags, you'd think I'm ready to jump into December. I've tried to start using up some of my collected Christmas paper, but no matter how many cards I make, there's still more paper. 

Here are two I made using CTMH "Wonderland" papers from a couple of years ago. The first one brings back fond memories of leading the music in our Christmas program at Blue Ridge Christian School in 1975. I can't sing this song without remembering those dear children singing it with me. What a blessing it was to teach in that school.


I love the angel image! It's now my favorite! I embossed the sentiment with silver, cut a snowflake using Cricut Art Philosophy, p. 22, and added bitty sparkles on the tips and a silver glitter brad in the center. A tiny bit of scallop punched silver glitter cardstock on the edge made the silver trio complete. (The angel and sentiment come from one of the CTMH Hostess Rewards stamps. You can see it in the Idea Book on my website. Instead of costing $13.95 it's only $8.00 for a hostess with $150 in sales. if you're interested, you can email me.)

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Snowflakes
The Crafter's Café #88 - Things with wings
Crafty Creations #275 - Brads, buttons or bows ( my large silver brad)
Fab 'n' Funky #235 - Christmas
My Perfect Life Festive 48 - Wk. 42 - Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #156 - anything...uplifting

Here's my second card using the Wonderland paper pack and a retired stamp set of the Nativity of Christ.


May we all work to make Peace on Earth a reality. I really want to share the real meaning of Christmas with family and friends as I send them Christmas cards this year. I also hope that they don't keep the Christ of Christmas in a manger, but that they'll accept Him as the sinless Son of God our Creator, who came to die on the cross for our sins that we might make Him the Lord of our lives and accept His gift of salvation from the punishment for our sins and receive eternal life with Him. As the song says, "Glory to the "Newborn" King! Peace on Earth and Mercy mild. God and sinners reconciled!"

6 comments:

Marina said...

Beautiful elegant Christmas cards with a peaceful, serene look. Thanks a lot for joining in with my Festive 48. Hope you can link up again next week. Marina http://myperfectlifeuk.blogspot.co.uk

Lalia Harris said...

Gorgeous cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO pretty, Vickie! Your cards are always such a treat. I really want you to know how genuinely grateful I am that you share your wonderful creations with us each week. It means so much to me, and I can't say thank you adequately. Have a great week, and I hope to see you share with us again soon.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe !!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

alex said...

Super traditional Christmas cards, thank you for sharing at The Crafters Café, hope to see you again soon
{Crafters Cafe DT Member}
Alex x

Marilyn said...

Beautiful cards. So elegant and wonderful colour combos.
Thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin’, good luck in the challenge and I hope you will be back again.
Marilyn