Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sarita Viva La Verve July 2014 - Week 4

This is my second VLV post for today. You can scroll down for the other one if you missed it. Here is the card I made using sketch 4. I'm using Close To My Heart Sarita paper that will retire this Thursday. I had cut out several stencils, including this hexagon array using CTMH Cricut Artbooking. Then I sponged three colors of ink over the spaces, Goldrush, Lagoon, and Outdoor Denim, using sponge daubers. When I took off the stencil I also sponged a little Honey in the white spaces and Chocolate on the edges. I did two other sponging techniques, I sponged Chocolate ink lightly on the embossed lines of the Lagoon background cardstock and some Goldrush on the CTMH wood flower and bee which had clear embossed dots that resisted the ink. I should have used my honeycomb embossing folder, but couldn't readily find it.

This bright design is highlighting this wonderful scripture verse: "Give all your worries and cares to God for He cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7" It is from the ODBD Scripture Series 3. Another version of the Bible says to "Cast all your cares" on Him, so I usually envision something I must be remembering from Pilgrim's Progress. When I realize I'm carrying my own burden, I visualize taking a huge, overpowering backpack off my back and throwing it down at the feet of the Lord who is able to handle all of my burdens. How thankful I am that He loves each of us, individually, and wants to show us how much He loves us!










Here's the fun sketch I used:

May God bless you even more as you give Him every burden that weighs on your heart. May you also be aware of how very much He loves you!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Crafty Ribbons #99 - anything with ribbon
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge #210 - sponging or stencils (I sponged a stencil)
Pile It On #30 - embossing
Simon Says Stamp - embossing
Sisterhood of Crafters - die cuts and/or punches (Cricut - honeycombs)
Viva La Verve - July 2014 Sketch Week 4
Word Art Wednesday #142 - anything goes with uplifting message

*********************************************************************

You can get the Sarita paper pack through July 31st, 2014, on my shopping website. You can also see the entire list of retiring items and the sale priced items found in the list "While Supplies Last." My regular customers should also know that some of the prices will increase on August 1st when the new Annual Inspiration book arrives.


5 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW great job Vickie! Love the colors and design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘DIES and/or PUNCHES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vickie, what a beautiful card! I LOVE the Scripture you chose, and it really is showcased with your beautiful layout and colors! You really rocked this challenge by using the stencil and sponging!! I love the shape you used and how you used the hexagons!! Really stunning, and I'm so glad to see another card for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge from you! It's always a joy to see your work! Hugs!

Unknown said...

You made that sketch stand up and sing a beautiful song. The colors re very sweet. Thank you for posting this wonderful card with us at WAW. Blessings Carole

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Vickie with your combination of sponging and embossing as well as that comforting verse!! The bright colors make it pop!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's sponging or stencils challenge at ODBD!! I enjoy visiting your blog to see your creations!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love all of the colors and texture this has! Very pretty!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa