Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fabulous You Card with a Cardinal

This winter we've had a lot of snow. I have a bird feeder outside my kitchen window. My favorite visitors have been a blue jay and a pair of cardinals. I am always amazed by the variety of birds, animals, trees, and flowers that God created. He is the master of all artists. The beautiful red of the male cardinal contrasts beautifully with the white snow in winter. Seeing that cardinal at my bird feeder provided the inspiration for this card.






I colored it with alcohol ink markers. This is my favorite coloring medium because of the way colors can be blended and layered. I combine CTMH alcohol ink markers with Copic markers. The CTMH markers perfectly match their corresponding paper colors and I have a large variety of Copic markers.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Coloring Medium and Why
Aud Sentiments #102 - anything goes with a sentiment
Crafting for all Seasons #72 - Spring
Crafty Blogger's Network March Challenge - Nature
Crafty Little Fairies - Things with Wings
Fab 'n' Funky #207 - Animals

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the texture you added to the background piece and how it complements the patterned papers you chose :) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, please join us again soon!!!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Love this card so elegant, thank you for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

Sue said...

How fabulous to see a Red Cardinal on your bird table! This is such a beautiful card. I love the image, fabulous colouring and gorgeous papers.
Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge this week.
sue xx

Kylie said...

I love where you got your inspiration for this card from! I also love the birds visiting. Here in Australia (and in particular, where I live), I get kookaburras and cockatoos. It is so fun! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Sarah said...

Such a lovely card and perfect for our things with Wings at Crafty Little Fairies. thanks for joining in. Sarah

Dawn said...

A very pretty card!
Thanks for playing at CFAS this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Billie A said...

Wonderful card I love the cardinal. When I visit my relatives in Missouri I always see one. We don't have them in WA. State. Your paper choices and image are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge

http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com/

Papercrafting Princess said...

Beautiful and I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

fabulous card I too love my alcohol markers too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)