Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hymn and Scripture Challenge - Cleanse Me

Here is the next hymn I'm adding to my Hymn and Faith Journaling Album. This hymn that Patter chose for her Hymn and Scripture Challenge #5 is a beautiful prayer. On our own, we don't recognize every sin that creeps or even leaps into our lives. In order to be used by God, we need daily cleansing. I've had family and friends who are often plagued by troubling thoughts, anger, or fear. I've shared the truths that I learned myself about how God's word is like water that washes away troubling thoughts in addition to guiding us in the right direction and pointing out sin in our lives.



I like the verse I chose from 2 Corinthians that I printed from Clear Dollar Stamp's digi "Value Verses 2." We cast down those imaginations and bring every one of our thoughts into captivity and obedience to Christ. That's not an easy thing to do when you're facing trials in life or the "he said, she said" situations. Sometimes those negative thoughts race and jump around in your mind not letting you calm down. In my most troubling times in life I found great consolation in Psalm 34 and have encouraged others to read it many times. For many years I kept up a routine of reading 5 Psalms and one Proverb each night before bed. So many truths are packed into those books that refer to our relationship to God and how he helps us (Psalms) and how to respond to others (Proverbs).

I'm also sharing this layout with Word Art Wednesday this week.
 

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

This is such a fab lay-out. Love your penmanship in your journaling. Nothing better than a personal touch, right! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com