Friday, December 21, 2012

Unscripted Sketch #189 Poinsettia Card

This simple sketch from Unscripted Sketches plus their challenge to do something to the circle inspired this card.



The paper has gold glitter beside all of the red lines which gave me the idea to add a gold edge along the white doily using a gold metallic marker from Close To My Heart. This was layered with two poinsettias and a black glittery doily from Wilton. I also combined it with the white ribbon edged with gold. The poinsettia digi from Clear Dollar Stamps is topped with a poinsettia from Close To My Heart that has a metallic rimmed pearl brad. It looked fine in person but seeing it on my computer makes me wish I'd highlighted it with black marker like the digi.



I'm sharing this card with the following:
Unscripted Sketches #189
Crafting for All Seasons #42- Green and Red plus glitter/sparkles (glitter paper)
Celebrate the Occassion #93 - Christmas Anything Goes
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge #107 - Merry Christmas

 

5 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Unknown said...

Hello Vickie what a lovely card well done .

Thank you for joining us this time for our RED GREEN and SPARKLY Challenge at
Crafting for all Seasons .
Your card is fabulous , I wish you a Merry Christmas and Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Cindy van Oorschot said...

A very nice poinsettia card. Lovely paper. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Cindy

BugBites said...

very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CTO.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I love your pointsetta. Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty
Tammy DT