Friday, December 28, 2012

Pal Penguins Brrrrr-thday Card

It has been such a joy to work with the ladies at Clear Dollar Stamps. Lisa Lara is so good at designing Clean And Simple style cards and the images that work well with them. I'm not usually so "Clean and Simple" but I'm using one of her images that I fell in love with at first sight. These adorable balancing penguins have paper that match their hats, so I had to try my hand at a quick, mailable card for a winter birthday.

The sketch from Unscripted Sketches  Challenge #190 seemed perfect for these little guys, their sentiment block and some snowflakes.




The digintal images are part of a set at Clear Dollar Stamps called, "Pal Penguins." I printed the images and four papers using Photoshop. I printed the sentiment and the penguin image on glossy photo paper for a change. The decorative papers were originally 6" x 6." I printed the blue one that size, but changed the Image Size to 2" x 2" for the other three. That made the black lines closer together. I enlarged the size of the sentiment block enough to fit the penguins. Increasing the height to 4.25" was good for my 5" x 6.5" card. I cut out the penguin image and pop dotted it.

The Cricut Artiste was used to cut the blue background for the Martha Stewart Punch snowflakes. They are the Noel key, Accent 1 cut at 1.5." A simple sparkle in the middle of each should be mailable, add some more sparkle, and still keep it simple with the focus on the penguins.

May friends and family give you comfort and warmth and may God bless your heart with peace and joy in this coming New Year!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Unscripted Sketches #190 - Sketch
Dutch Dare #197 - Celebrations
Bearly Mine #66 - Winter Birthday
Sweet Stamps Blog - Sweet and Simple Birthday



 

4 comments:

Geri said...

Vickie - this is SERIOUSLY sweet! You totally rocked this challenge...a VERY WELL DESERVED Top 3.

Love the digital paper that you used and your amazing colored penguins. So glad that you chose our Unscripted sketch to showcase this sweet crafty creation.

I apologize for my tardiness in commenting on your card...crazy busy during the holidays - wouldn't trade it for anything though :)

Erni said...

thats cute! I like penguins too,even for a wedding they have been on the wishlist in the family :)
greetings Erni

Cards By MI said...

Magical birthday card for the winter. Love it! Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time and Happy New Year!
Love n hugs
Marie

Jackie Randolph said...

Adorable birthday card, love your sweet penquins and fab design! Thanks for sharing and joining us this week at Sweet Stamps Challenge!