Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mojo Monday #252 with Cricut Artiste and Clementine

I love to make cards to say the important things to friends in a memorable way. Maybe because I was a teacher or the fact that I'm a Christian, I've always believed we should see the best in a person and encourage them to be the best they can be. The sentiment I chose to say this comes with the new Cricut Artiste cartridge. It has three D-sized stamp sets and 3 sets of matching chipboard shapes. You can cut an image - the stamp set tells which page and what size to cut it. Then you can stamp it and even mount it on the chipboard for added dimension if desired. Of course, with 700 images, there's not chipboard for every shape. But I used three shapes - the star and two different kinds of circles for this week's Mojo Monday challenge sketch.



I thought the Clementine paper reminded me of the County Fair my daughter would enter each summer, so I chose the burlap ribbon and the circle elements she used to get on her blue ribbons. I distressed some of the papers with my new Saddle ink and left the star and larger circle with their light edge for contrast. The large flower was cut from the patterned paper. I used

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday #252 Round or Square challenge - 5" Square
Paper Playtime Challenge #80 - Anything Goes
The Paper Players Challenge #105 - Tic Tac Toe - I did circles, blue, floral (but also did dry embossing, scalloped punch, and ribbon)




5" Square Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart - "Clementine" paper pack, Twilight, Colonial White cardstock
Stamps - Cricut Artiste set
Inks - CTMH Saddle, Creme Brulee, Sorbet
Accents - CTMH retired button, Sorbet waxy flax, Burlap Ribbon
Tools - CTMH Cricut Artiste,  scalloped punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pop dots

 

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Such pretty papers! Thanks for the reminder about burlap! I need to dig mine out! It adds so much to your card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players.

LeAnne said...

I love these colors you've used! So very nice....and I always sent cards as an encouragement too! That's why I got started in SU myself!!! So glad you were able to play with the Paper Players this week!

krcmasterpiece said...

Love the combination of layers on this card! Works great.

Kristi said...

I've never used burlap but now I've gotta get some. Wonderful card!