Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cricut Artiste Gift Box for Cards

There are so many different 3-D shapes on this new Cricut cartridge, I have to keep makig them! Here's a small gift box I made that holds 6 thank you cards and matching envelopes. I set my Cricut to cut the largest size using the Fit To Page feature button on the left. That made a box that is 3.5" tall and 4.5" wide. I wanted to use the bright fall colors of the new CTMH "Flirty" paper which was a perfect match to challenge at Sentimental Sundays this week. It has fall leaves on one side and bright flowers on the other.



I random stamped a "belly band" for the box using the leaf that matches the flowers in the Flirty collection.

Altogether, the box and the cards took one sheet of the double sided cardstock/dp. I didn't have any of the CTMH small velcro dots on hand to keep it closed so I put the ribbon a little higher to tuck the flap into it. (Gotta order some!)  I cut out two of the flowers on the flirty paper to attach to the front.  The paper had a lot of incomplete flowers along the edges after the box was cut, so I cut out those for the cards inside. I made the cards 3" x 4" but they could have been a little larger and still fit.



Using the colors in the papers, I chose 3 sheets of my old, lightweight patterned paper to make the envelopes. By cutting out the envelop 3 inches like my cards, it actually cuts a little larger than the card so that the card will fit. I think this makes a nice little gift box with cards for a friend!



Challenges for this gift box with cards:
Dutch Dare Challenge #176 - Anything but a card (the box and envelopes)
Inspire Me Fridays #70 - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too #19 - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays - Fall and bonus challenge of colors (my fall leaves and fall paper plus colors)



Gift Box of Thank You Cards Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Flirty," White Daisy, Hollyhock, and Olive cardstock, (very old dp)
Stamps - CTMH "Love Blooms" (leaves), "A Friend Like You" (So Thankful for . . .), "Approved" (images behind the sentiment banner)
Ink - CTMH Black, Slate
Accents - CTMH clear sparkles, retired bubblegum organdy ribbon
Tools - CTMH Cricut Artiste p. 52 (box - <s>3D object) and 35 (scalloped envelopes- <5> shift, card)




9 comments:

Jennipher said...

What a gorgeous fall note card collection! Thanks for playing at Sentimental Sundays.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Darling project and beautiful fall colors. Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely gift and just perfect for our challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx

June Houck said...

Beautiful box and card set!

Linny said...

A fabulous creation for our Gift theme this week at Secret Crafter. thank you for playing along with us. Linda

Olivia said...

What a great box...I have had my eye on that cartridge and love these papers. Thanks so much for sharing your talent over at Sentimental Sundays.

Helen said...

Beautiful - a lovely gift!
Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Ciska said...

Oh, what a lovely project, really pretty!

Hank hendricks said...

The gift box act same like the Gift Card envelopes...what paper you use for this to make?