Saturday, March 10, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Sentiment

Here is a clean and simple version of my last post. I wanted to draw attention to the sentiment, which is the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays #43, "For Sentimental Reasons," making the sentiment the focal point.  CAS means Clean and simple, without a lot of patterned paper or design elements, leaving a lot of white space. This time the lightly embossed flowers show up. I used the same pre-embossed card on my last post and they didn't.

My one thin strip of patterned paper runs horizontally under the sentiment, hopefully drawing the eye to the words. My image stamp is a large Sweet Leaf green design that I stamped in 2nd generation before I stamped the words in black. It's very faint, but should also draw the eye right to the words. The ribbon and felt flower and heart were added as the simple embellishments. In the English language we read top to bottom, left to right, so the flower draws the eye to the starting point for reading and the heart goes with the sentiment's meaning and is the final punctuation. OK-enough description from the retired reading teacher!

Like I said in my last post, I pray that you have friends who touch your heart and that you can be that kind of friend to others.



5.5" Square Card Recipe:
Paper - Prima "Madeline;" Bazzill light blue cx
Stamps - Close To My Heart "Friendship" (February 2011 stamp of the month)
Inks - CTMH Sweet Leaf, Black, Tulip
Other - CTMH Juniper loopy ribbon (from Creative Basics Wings collection), Chipboard hearts; felt flower from my stash, unknown

1 comment:

Michele Gross said...

Really gorgeous and such a lovely sentiment :) Thanks for getting sentimental with us at CAS-ual Fridays!