Monday, February 13, 2012

MOJO Monday 228

Despite all the valentines I've made I realized I really needed some anniversary cards, so I chose to use my new CTMH paper pack, "Lucy," with it's flowery papers and colors that can be both masculine and feminine.  It included Gray Wool cardstock, which surprisingly looked good with the Creme Brulee and Cotton Candy flowery papers. I combined it with a little White Daisy and Black for contrast. The image and sentiment from my stamp set called "Bliss" is good for any type of card about love. The only part of the card I wasn't happy with was my sewing. I'm determined to learn to do it well, but I still don't like the way it turns out.  I cut out the scalloped and regular circles, bracketed square, and the ticket on the Cricut using the Art Philosophy cartridge. Here's the MOJO Monday sketch for this week:



I really enjoyed the way this sketch lets you "bunch up" your image, embellishements and sentiment. I think that's a feature that helps it look really good. This card was also made for the Ribbon Carousel Challenge this week-anything goes.

6.5" x 5" card:
(All materials Close To My Heart unless stated otherwise.)
Paper - "Lucy" paper packet, White, Black cardstock
Stamps - "Bliss"
Ink - Hollyhock, Black
Other - retired Black organdy ribbon, "Swiss Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder, Recollections pink flower, sewing machine

No comments: