Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MOJO Monday 226 for the Shabby Tea Room Valentine

The Shabby Tea Room always has inspiring photos and colors for cards I love to make. This week their theme is "Love is in the Air." I interpreted the colors in the photo as red, blush, black and white. They also wanted you to include an element of mail.


I chose to use the square card in MOJO Monday sketch #226 to make mine, although I modified it just a bit by placing my accent image a little higher.


I started with a 5.5" square white card embossed with a brocade pattern. That encouraged my paper choice which resembled the pattern somewhat. Next, I chose a stamp set that was collage-like and included mail features. Because of the ornate qualities of the paper I chose to make a red mat for my focal image using the Cricut Storybook cartridge. I stamped the patterned paper with the cancellation/postage date stamp red on red so that it would be subtle. Finally, I included black flowered ribbon and two flowers with a button center and black crochet thread which were a little more youthful, less "renaissance" in appearance. The photo had that clean, childlike quality shown by the small table, boots and bookbag.  Regarding technique, the red postage stamp was inked in Blush then the edges rocked in Cranberry ink.

5.5"square card"
Papers - K and Co. (Valentine Sweetheart); Close To My Heart White Daisy, Black and Tulip CS
Stamp - Vintage Valentine (retired)
Ink - CTMH Black, Cranberry, Blush
Other - DCWV Embossed cards, Close To My Heart "Just Blooms," Red Collection Buttons, Black Collection ribbon; Cricut Storybook cartridge, black crochet thread

1 comment:

Libby said...

Cool card; I like the various textures.