Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love Recipe

Our Daily Bread Designs has challenged us to make a card with red and white, pink and white or both with hearts, lace, and the word "Love." That was the perfect time to highlight the message of I Corinthians 13, the "love chapter." I memorized that chapter when I was 12 or 13 in our girls missionary auxillary at church. As I've continued to meditate on it over the years, I've savored those words, especially in the KJV, applying it to whatever was happening in my life at the time. Another memorable time for that chapter was when Bill and I were married. The pastor used that passage to remind us and the congregation about the beauty and responsibilities of love. This card is a simple summary of that message.


5.5" embossed card:
Paper -
Stamps - Papertrey Ink (I Corinthians 13 7-8); CTMH (love)
Ink - CTMH Black, Cranberry
Other - Ribbon unknown, lace - CTMH, Floral Embellishments - Recollections

2 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow this is simply stunning!! I love the flowers and the verse on the red paper!!Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!
Hugs,
Chris

Rosemary said...

your card is soo pretty! thanks for playing along with shining the light challenge this week!!