Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hymn and Faith Journaling Started - Amazing Grace

I recently discovered Patter's blog called Triple the Scraps which encouraged me to do something I've wanted to do for a long time, journal about the hymns I've always loved that play in my head every day and leave spiritual footprints for my children to follow. I'm sure I'm not unique, but every morning when I first wake up a hymn or spiritual song is playing in my head. I've often wanted to keep a record because the song quickly dissipates as the day begins, but if I remember what it was, it often provides strength for the challenges that arise during the day.

I decided to use a 9" x 9" scrapbook I have along with some older two-sided 9" x 9" CTMH papers that I had never used. I'll keep my running list in a pocket (or more) and sometimes include photos or family memories that go with the hymns. The messages may  be personal, written to my children and grandchildren, but I thought I'd share these beginnings. The first page doesn't go with Patter's challenge, but just serves as an introduction. I also decided it wouldn't be in my usual scrapbooking style - I want to keep it simple so that the content is the key, not the appearance. In addition, I'm using a lot of my own handwriting, which I hate, but which is more personal and a piece of me than something I run off on an inkjet printer.


This second page is for Patter's challenge using "Amazing Grace."


No comments: