Friday, February 17, 2012

CPS Day 11 for Little Birdie Blessing #16

CPS (Card Positioning System) Card Sketches is celebrating their 5th Anniversary with a challenge to make card using the previous patterns they select over 15 days. This is the 11th sketch, CPS#170.  I decided that the long top layer was perfect for a long scripture verse.

My daughter's birthday is late this month and I know she'd like to have a set of encourgement cards that have scripture verses. (She's been so busy right now with working, church, boys in basketball, etc., that I know she won't read this blog before her birthday.) I'm just so thankful that she values the awesome power of scripture in her life and that of her family. I'm sharing this card with Little Birdie Blessing's Linky Party #16, where I am regularly inspired.


I used My Mind's Eye Stella And Rose collection called "Mabel." The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink scripture collection. The border of foliage is CTMH "Botanical Borders" and I used Ranger Dried Marigold and Broken China, but they were too stark looking so I sponged CTMH Cocoa ink over the edges to improve the appearance. I thought the Martha Stewart punch was great for this paper pack.

3 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Vickie, What a delight to see this lovely card linked to Scripture Thursday. I'm sure your daughter will be pleased with it. I like the scripture you used, one that definitely gives encouragement. ~ Abby

Jennie said...

Lovely design on this! Thanks for joining us at CPS!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Vickie! My name is Karen L and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Word Art Wednesday. We're a weekly challenge blog that uses ONE requirement for challenges, and that is....to use scripture. Your card is BEAUTIFUL and would be perfect for our challenges. Today is Wednesday, so a new challenge just started today. We hope you will play along as we share God's Word in our art. You can enter here: www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com and we really hope to see you there!
Blessings,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday
karen-mycuprunnethover@gmail.com