Monday, January 30, 2012

Viva La Verve Jan 2012 Week 3

Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenged us to make a card that shows who you really are. Linda posted a devotion revolving around Philippians 4:8, one of my favorite verses. The interesting thing was that I had meditated on that verse before going to bed the night before, so I was thinking about it again Sunday morning. I've been sick, so it's easy to be discouraged, but if I think about the things that are true, honest, just,  pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy, I can more easily block out how I feel physically and experience the joy and compassion for others that I should have. The card I made symbolizes the fact that I have a heart for other people and want them to know I care and God cares.  I used this sketch for Week 3  and a stamp from Verve.


For technique junkies (like me), I dry embossed the chocolate background using a Cuttlebug folder and CTMH chocolate CS, which has a white core. I lightly sanded the raised portion, then sponged the white with Blush ink.  The heart was cut 3 times using Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. The blush heart in the background was 2.5" and had the edges lightly sanded to show the white border. Another blush heart was cut at 2.25" and pop dotted. A tulip cs heart was cut the same size using the decorative frame feature, then inked with chocolate on the edges.

6.5" x 5" card:
Paper - All CTMH patterned paper retired, Blush, Chocolate, Tulip, White Daisy CS
Stamp - Verve "Joy for the Journey"
Ink - CTMH Chocolate, Tulip
Other - CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy, Mini-pearl opaques; Cuttlebug embossing folder "Textile;" ribbon unknown


1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oo, very pretty technique wiht the embossing folder! It matches your paper so nicely *Ü* Thanks for playing at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges again this week ~ we love having you!! *Ü*