Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shabby Chic Friendship Card

I was intrigued by the color combination in The Shabby Tea Room and had to combine it with one of my stamp sets that says: "We are never alone when friends fill our lives." They suggested white or cream with silver and a splash of pink.



I also included the neutral, Bamboo, when I stamped the flowers and colored the leaves and stems. The Domi's sketch from the Simon Says Stamp challenge seemed like the perfect fit. I altered it slightly by including square sparkles in the lower left corner, hoping to balance the way my layout looked. I used lots of layers, but I know one of my friends will love that feature.



5.5" x 4.25" Card Materials:
Paper - Close To My Heart White Daisy and Textured Blush CS (reverse side was Baby Pink), retired metallic CS
Stamp - CTMH So Sweet
Ink - CTMH Blush, Bamboo
Other - Cuttlebug "Textile" and "Swiss Dots," Cricut cartridge "Hannah Montana"(flourished rectangle), 3" circle punch, CTMH Clear Sparkles, Recollections roses, Wilton doily, and pink organdy unknown, copic marker and blender, Prismacolor pencil

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh this is so pretty! Thanks do much for creaing this for our challenge this week!

Maria said...

A very lovely soft and pretty card! Am now a new follower! Take care!!:-))