Thursday, December 15, 2011

Timeless Tuesday Challenge #148

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge #148 asked us to make two cards using the same stamp set that look totally different. They call it "Opposites Attract." I was working on December birthday cards and didn't want these to look like Christmas cards. People like my brother who have birthdays near Christmas often get cheated that way.

So I chose winter colors like Blush, Gray, and Crystal Blue for my colorful card. (Basic Grey-blue pattern & gray background, Kaiser Kraft - striped) It's not really showing in this photo, but the sentiment banner is scored twice on each side of the white strip, then folded so that the center is popped up. The snowman was stamped on a shape I cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.

The other card I tried to keep "clean and simple" as well as monochromatic using Colonial White, Bamboo, Chocolate, and Kraft CS (all CTMH). I heat embossed the snowman and used a snowflake embossing folder on that one. The diagonal striped paper is the back side of a retired paper from the set "Notebook." The snowman on that card was embossed on Bamboo cs and colored with a white dye-based ink marker.

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Vickie I LOVE them both!!~

Karen B. said...

These are delightful! Both look so unique and wonderful, what an amazing idea and execution.

Mona Pendleton said...

Love your take on the challenge Vickie! That snowman looks adorable in both cards! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)