Saturday, December 10, 2011

More Vintage Christmas

At Christmas, I prefer giving cards that keep the focus on Christ. These two cards came together so quickly. After finding free vintage Christmas cards/clipart earlier this week, I just had to make one more card using vintage clipart for the challenge at Little Red Wagon. The rules at Vintage Holiday Crafts say that you can't use more than five on a blog, so I'm still safe. 

I took Freshly Made Sketch 14 and lengthened it vertically to accomodate a rectangular picture instead of a square one. I used 4 rectangles from Basic Grey's "Curio."  The papers are heavily "inked" on the edges already so I cut the pieces from two corners for each design. I used some long-hoarded gold cardstock that CTMH used to sell to mat the vintage print. A simple poinsettia that has a gold-rimmed pearl brad in the center provided the one embellishment. Easy and simple!!




The next card was also easy. I saw Kaboodle Doodles Challenge today to use Christmas colors: red, green, gold, and white. I had a pad of the Paper Studio paper at hand with those colors and knew that the Clean and Simple Stamping Sketch would be great with those colors and 3 stars.



I tried to combine a rustic look of Kraft cardstock signifying Christ's humble birth with elegant gold embossing to show his glory. The inside verse is simple: Wise men still seek him. Merry Christmas.

I used stylus to emboss a line .25" from all four edges on front. I had made the middle star a little bigger on white paper embossed with gold, like the sentiment. I cut the stars on the Cricut with the Art Philosophy cartridge. The two side ones were 1.5" with a one inch star stacked on top. The middle star was cut at 1.75" to match the star in the stamp set "Love Life." It's too bad the design doesn't show up as well in the photo.The embossed sentiment comes from CTMH "Everlasting Life." I think I'll make more of these!!

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The true spirit of Christmas! Beautiful cards!

Lauri said...

A stunning card! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous ... love both cards ....
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Natasha said...

Beautifully done! Love the stars!

None None said...

Beautiful cards - I love the gold frame around the Christ child image. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

What beautiful cards! Focus squarely where it should be (in my opinion). So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Cindy Hall said...

Love the vintage card; it looks so professional! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous vintage card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!