Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Loving Memories

My best friend's mother-in-law just died unexpectedly. My daughter-in-law's dad died of a heart attack yesterday before paramedics could get there. It's a festive time of year for most people, which makes sudden tragedy so much more difficult. I suddenly need five sympathy cards. It seems like a contradiction to use the sketch from Cute Card Thursday to make such a card. "Cute" and "Sympathy" don't go together, but the design was right, so here it is.



To me there's something comforting about the papers from Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry. It reminds me of "things from my grandma." So these papers were my choice for a comforting card and I'm entering them in the Basic Grey Challenge #59.

Materials:
Paper - Basic Grey (Nook and Pantry, Indian Summer); CTMH Colonial White and Vineyard Berry CS
Stamps - CTMH (Comforting Thoughts, Dream Wishes-both retired)
Ink - CTMH Vineyard Berry, Staz-on Brown
Accessories - CTMH flowers (pink), pearls, Unknown larger flower and ribbon

2 comments:

Digi Darla said...

Simply stunning card!love the color combinations and the flowers... Wow amazing! Sometimes visit my challenge blog at Digidarla.com and get some digi's at Digidarladesigns.com Thanks!

Hugs
XXXDigidarla.

Giò said...

Such a lovely card!! !I lot the layers and the cute sentiment too!
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
Have a fab week end.
Hugs, Giò