Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Christmas Bird of Peace

I've enjoyed seeing so many beautiful Christmas cards on all of the challenges that sometimes it's hard to get started on my own.Today I chose to make a card using two of the Splitcoast Stampers challenges and two others.
1. SCS Clean and Simple - CAS147- use twine
2. SCS Color Challenge - CC352 - Holiday Red, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi
3.Creative Card Crew - 'Tis the Season
4. Sketchbook Saturday at Random Acts of Creativity - SSC40 with the following sketch:


This sketch seemed perfect for the stamp set I wanted to use. I also need to make some of my cards easy to pass through the mail system. My only embellishment was the paper and twine, easy to mail. I used a Holiday Red plaid from the CTMH "Believe" paper pack, Topiary CS for the Wild Wasabi, and Colonial White for the Very Vanilla. I'm trying to learn how to make Clean and Simple Cards with more white space. I hope the red and the spongedd area count as white space. I had forgotten that the CAS card was to have 4 layers.


A Christmas Bird of Peace, 5.5" x 4.25"
Stamps: CTMH Christmas Love (bird and sentiment), Happiness (leaves, retired)

Ink: CTMH Black, Topiary, Holiday Red
Paper: CTMH Believe paper pack, Colonial White CS
Accessories: Twine- Papertrey Ink, Martha Stewart punch

2 comments:

kelly ledder said...

Wow what a great sketch and I love your card the image is so lovely. Thanks for joining us in Creative Card Crew's 'Tis the season challenge this fortnight.
Kelly x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, this card is too cute for words! LOVE that bird perched on the sentiment, I've got to steal this idea! :)