Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cricut Art Philosophy Serendipity

I had a box of scraps I wanted to use for cards. Twice I chose a piece of retired patterned paper. Each time it was sitting on some colored cardstock scraps that looked great together. I used the Cricut cartridge to cut the botanicals on these two cards and loved the outcome.

This first one also uses a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I discovered I can adhere the hollyhock strip, then emboss both pieces at the same time so the patterns match. I stamped the flower using 3 layers of the CTMH Hooray Bouquet stamp set on amethyst and petal cardstock, using Gypsy ink. The flower center is a honey corduroy brad. The card was quick and simple since the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge cut the flowers.



The second card was inspired by one of Jeanette Lynton's cards a year or more ago. I changed the colors, paper and sentiment. I also used the Cricut to cut the branch at 2" instead of hand cutting a stamped image like she did. I enlarged the card size to make it 5" x 6.5." I dampened the small white flowers, then slightly rubbed them in Sorbet ink. The ink diluted and spread to make the flowers softer and less uniform. I used antique copper mini-brands for the center, but next time, I'd probably use mocha pearls. The backs of the brads were difficult to hide. The sentiment was from CTMH Card Chatter Sympathy. The small branch stamped with bamboo ink was from CTMH You're a Hoot.

No comments: