Thursday, August 18, 2011

Typeset Workshop

Just before school started I took my grandkids swimming several times. They got to come to our farm to spend the night. Then, Christian went with me by himself to Science City at Union Station because he'd gotten sick the day I took his brothers earlier in the year. He was the most attentive child I ever took on a field trip, and that's counting 30 years of teaching. He wanted to see everything, read everything, discuss everything, and try every hands-on experience. He has an insatiable appetite for learning. I made this layout about that fun day we had together. I loved the way I was able to cut out the background shapes and stars using my Cricut.  More about that later!


Christian also had an amazing summer playing baseball. The journaling on the next layout reads as follows:

This was Christian's first year to play t-ball the first half and machine pitch the last half. Despite his initial frustration with the switch, I saw him get a hit every time he was up to bat. He also runs like the wind! He's quite an athlete for a boy who just finished kindergarten!

This layout is the second of four layouts we're doing in the Typeset Workshops on the Go. Both layouts use pieces cut from the new Cricut cartridge "Art Philosophy" which coordinates with some of the stamped pieces. For me, this set is the best of both worlds. I love stamping so much and don't have to cut it out when the Cricut does it for me! I just cut then stamp. Perfect!

No comments: